Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Faith Leads to Action

I was reading in the Preach My Gospel handbook a few days ago and one sentence caught my attention and has been on my mind since. It said that our faith in Christ leads us to action. I first thought of all the "Action" things I need to be more consistent with...Then I started thinking about all of the things that my faith has led me to do. Things keep popping into my mind and it has been a loving reminder that the things I do really do bring blessings. As I've thought about this I've realized that faith is more than just believing...it's a willingness to do. So since I'm too chicken to get up in Sacrament meeting...here's just a few of the things that have come to mind that I feel compeled to do because of my faith in Christ:
1. Live to be worthy of the Temple
2. Teach my children
3. Pray
4. Listen to the answers I receive (even when it's hard)
5. Serve (still working on the with a happy heart part!)
Kind of simple things, I know, but as I look at the list I'm immediately reminded of blessings that have come from each. I could make another list dedicated to each one. It makes me grateful that I've had opportunities to excercise my faith and gives me encouragement that what I spend so much time doing will bring me joy.

2 comments:

summer anderson said...

Jaynee, You did it! I love your music! You are such a source of inspiration for me. I hope you know that. It's neat to read your testimony on here.

Unknown said...

I don't know what I did to be so lucky to have you for a sister. Thank you for your testimony. Not only are you a source of inspiration for us, but also for your children because they will be able to read this for years to come. I love you!