Thursday, March 12, 2009

Coconut Nuttiness



Our kids are completely fascinated with Coconuts! They beg for one every time we are at the store and I usually say "Umm, not today". Well, I finally brought one home for them and their excitement was uncontrollable! After a few hours of the kids shaking it every time they went past it and Caleb saying "There's something in there mom! Hear it?!?" Troy cracked it open...I'm sure there was never so much joy over an opened coconut! After another few hours of trying to get the meat out of the shell (we are NOT professional coconut openers!) not one of them would eat any of it! I guess it wasn't anything like what they had thought it would be! Maybe after another few years of hearing "Umm, not today" they'll want to try it again!

1 comment:

Bob and Vickie said...

We have coconuts growing on our trees just outside of our house! What a fun blog! BUT we do love the meat that is inside of them. I remember as a little girl loving to have my Dad crack open the coconuts too! When you come to Hawaii we will have the Polynesians crack open coconuts for you...they are amazing! You will love it here!
Love, Grandma Taylor and Grandpa Bob