Sara is our unofficial family activity planner...or as she would say "meeting" planner. Just about every night she'll announce that we are having a "meeting". She puts quite a bit of work into preparing that evenings activity and almost always has something she wants us to write or draw on, she'll have a paper for each of us, all ready to go with our names at the top and whatever else is needed. She is very official and while we are sitting on the couch, she stands in front of us holding a clipboard and gives us very specific instructions about the rules and procedures of whatever it is she's got planned. Sometimes she'll have a little game to play or a writing assignment for us. It's always different...it's a great way to know what she's been doing at school and church!
Well, Thursday night she called us all to a meeting. She had our papers ready with our names at the top and she had divided the paper into four sections and labeled them 1-4. She called for a helper to help pass out pencils...which is always Caleb, Ben is too busy rolling his eyes and moaning.
Then she said "In the first square I want you to draw a bunny, when you are done touch your nose. Don't go on to the next square until I tell you to."
"In the second square I want you to draw three mice. When you are done scratch your chin."
"In the third square I want you to draw a good fairy. When you are done touch your ear."
"In the forth square I want you to write the numbers 1, 2, 3."
"Now everyone put your pencils down. I'm going to read you a poem with our pictures."
Then she started singing and pointing to each picture in turn..."Little Bunny FuFu hopping through the forest, scooping up the field mice and bopping them on the head." She had us stop and draw a bump on one of the mice and then went on "Down came the good fairy and she said..." We sang all the way through until little Bunny FuFu gets turned into a goop....which she asked us to draw on the bottom of our paper.
Troy and I decided we knew just what Sara had sang in Music class that day!
Winter - or lack of it
6 months ago



No comments:
Post a Comment