Thursday, April 2, 2009

April Fools!

Every April Fool's Day Troy talks about the pranks that his mom used to play. This year I decided to try a little prank of my own! So I set the table with a big plate of cupcakes! The kids looked a little confused when I asked what color cupcake they each wanted. When they asked what else we were having I told them hamburgers...but those are for dessert! Caleb got pretty frustrated with his drink (jello)...he said "Hey, what's wrong with my drink! It's not a real drink!" The kids had a good laugh!
My not so sweet cupcakes...(mini meatloaves topped with potatoes)

And hamburger dessert!
(sugar cookie buns, rice crispy treat patties, green coconut lettuce & frosting ketchup & mustard)

7 comments:

mlmfamily said...

That is to funny!

rosie said...

That is so cool! Those hamburgers look really convincing...I totally thought they were real! You are such a fun mom!

renee' said...

Wow! I thought they were real too. What a great idea! They'll be talking about this for a long time.

leah said...

Great minds think alike...We had the same dinner!! Except, I made a chocolate cake that looked like a meatloaf, and put the frosting in a bowl with sprinkles that looked like pepper. Travis actually said, "Um, this looks good." He took a bite...I gave away the joke by laughing, I really didn't think I could fool him! The jello drink was a big hit! I've already got ideas for next year!

summer anderson said...

Holy cow...those hamburgers look like actual ones! That is so fun. Every year I couldn't wait to see what my mom would come up with. I'll bet your kids totally loved that! You're the cutest mom ever!

Bob and Vickie said...

Yes, I loved coming up with "tricks" for April Fools Day, especially since it was Tiffany's BD! I know she hated it! We had some good ones though, didn't we Troy? However, looks like you have outdone yourself Jaynee. What a great, great time! Wish we could have been there for that day! The pictures are darling...we love you and miss you all!
Love,
Grandma Taylor and Grandpa Bob

Jenny said...

I noticed I am on the live feed. I am in Preston Id right now checking out all the blogs I had no idea people had. I love the April Fools meals, The hamburgers do really look good!